Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corporation ranked #3 Worldwide as a leader in supply chain and logistics is hiring for an enthusiastic Planner / Maintenance Technician at our Jersey City, NJ location. If you have a passion for preventative maintenance and experience with planning/scheuling in production this is the next opportunity for you. This person will be part of a fun and active team that works closely together in a highly matrix orgnaization.
Planner shall have the following minimum technical skills and responsibilities:
• Electromechanical skills.
• Five years maintenance experience with some automation equipment knowledge is preferred.
• Experience with using PC based software to troubleshoot and document equipment faults.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
-Review the information on the new work requests before the request is converted to a work agreement.
- Estimate the rough cost and scope of the work.
- Obtain work approval.
- Maintain accurate data (equipment lists, parts lists, specs, etc.)
- Collect the information needed for the written job plan.
- Communicate with vendors concerning the estimated pricing, availability and delivery of parts and services as needed.
- Determine the actual sequence of work (i.e., job steps).
- Identify lock-outs, tag-outs, and permits needed.
- Assemble the complete and accurate final job package.
- Schedule prep work and special tools as required.
- Arrange for parts to be staged.
- Enter work agreement history information into the computer.
- Revise work agreement steps for future reference.
- Responsibility for assembly of the weekly schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate backlog status to support the scheduling process.
- Practice safe work habits and abide by the safety rules in accordance with the safety policies set forth by our client.
-Provide electromechanical corrective repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Log all service work performed, downtime during repair, and account for equipment service requests.
- Work in cooperation as a team with the operators.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Leads the complex maintenance tasks, equipment trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Performs complex product and service training to customers. Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. Completes documents of all inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures; reviews maintenance logs and work orders of junior techs. Mentors junior techs. Leads the resolution of complex equipment/system failures & faults and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation and resolution. Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements. May participate in the negotiation and administration of service contracts.
Associates or equivalent preferred. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
Key Working Relationships:
Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts.