Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for a Technical Training Specialist at out Grand Rapids, MI headquarters. The successful candidate must be willing to travel 70% of the time to customer job sites. Familiarity with software and controls deployment in a manufacturing/warehouse environment is required. He/she will develop and deliver training programs to customers at customer sites and to internal staff using a combination of in person and electronic delivery methods
• 5 years experience designing and delivering maintenance training for customized products and systems
• Exceptionally strong communication and training skills and strong process/detail orientation skill
• Degree or extensive experience in technical training or engineering discipline and electrical/controls/software products, as well as familiarity with mechanical disciplines
• Experience with PLCs and exposure to PLC programming
• In-depth experience strongly preferred with: PLCs, machine diagnostics and repair, and automation
• Passion for helping others learn
• Ability to understand and communicate how Dematic’s custom solutions integrate into the operation of a material handling system.
• Experience and proven ability to design and develop technical training materials helpful but not required
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret industrial mechanical and controls drawing sets and design requirements
• Must be a quick learner who can adapt and adjust quickly to changing or unexpected training configurations at customer training sites.
Must have a passion for delivering technical training at various locations