Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Maintenance Technician Level III is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and preventative/predictive maintenance. Acts as a material handling technician on all equipment that is installed at a specific site location. This role will be staffed in Memphis, TN. This role will 2nd shift, 8 hour days.
Using problem solving and critical thinking, additional key responsibilities include the following:
1. Repair and maintenance of MHE including belt tracking, component adjustment/replacement, component lubrication, etc.
2. Complete preventative maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures.
3. Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical circuitry.
4. Create and close work orders into asset management system withappropriate data to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used.
5. Troubleshoot semi-complex problems and understand resources needed to resolve them.
6. Locate and track spare parts from inventory.
7. Performs routine maintenance and equipment testing to ensure they meet specifications.
8. Respond to service calls and correct equipment failures and faults.
9. Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
10. Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organizations.
Education - HS diploma or equivalent required. Typically an Associate degree or vocational technical training preferred. Specialized skill training/certification preferred.
1. Demonstrate a general knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
2. Proven experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of position and key responsibilities as presented above.
1. Able to lift and move material up to 50 pounds each
2. Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
3. Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
4. Have functional dexterity in both hands and wrists
5. Able to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
6. Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
7. Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours
8. Flexibility in covering multiple shifts and holiday hours as required
Preferred experience with the following technical skills:
1. Electrical troubleshooting skills to include wiring, ac power, ac motors, electrical drawings/schematics, and control panels
2. Mechanical experience with gearboxes, sprockets, chains, bearings, guide rollers, etc.
3. Servo drives, PLC, PC controllers, dc power supplies, optical devices (i.e., encoders, photoeyes, etc.)
4. Knowledge of conveying systems
5. MS Office products
6. Must be able to evaluate and analyze
a. Semi-complex system/equipment performance data
b. Perform root cause analysis
c. Recommend resolution of design-performance issues